Terms and Conditions
Hours of Access:
The Elaine Public Cemetery is open every day for pedestrian access. The Cemetery Refectory is open 9am to 5pm every day. Vehicle access to the cemetery for funeral or monumental services is to be pre-arranged by contacting the Cemetery Coordinator.
The following is permitted:
Flower containers and candle boxes (fireproof only) are permitted if approved by the Trust. These items must be placed on cemetery monuments or grave sites at all times. Note that artificial flowers may be removed at the discretion of the Trust.
The following are not permitted:
- Figurines and statues
- Obstacles placed on the footpath or roads
- Tables and chairs permanently installed without written permission or left on cemetery premises
- Planting of trees or plants of any sort
- Glassware of any sort (eg. glass jars as flower vases)
- Driving vehicles over curbs onto cemetery plots
- Wilful damage to cemetery property
- Rubbish left without being disposed of in the bins provided
Any breach of the Elaine Public Cemetery's terms and conditions may result in these items being removed at the owners' cost and at the discretion of the Elaine Cemetery Trust.
Use of the cemetery facilities are available to all cemetery patrons. The Trust Members request that all rubbish is removed and that facilities are kept in good order to ensure continued availability of the facilities.
The cemetery reserves the right to set monument and memorial restrictions in defined areas.
The cemetery is administered by the Trust Members of the Elaine Cemetery Trust under the authority of the Cemeteries and Crematoria Act 2003 and Cemeteries and Crematoria Regulations 2015.